Health insurers increasingly understand that delivering a delightful customer experience to members is critical for success. In a survey of health insurance executives conducted by market research firm Survata and commissioned by HealthEdge, when asked about the most important organizational priority, the number one response was “member satisfaction.” This surpassed lowering costs, investments in innovation and the shift to new business models, and represents a heightened awareness that members are actually customers, and act as consumers of a health insurers’ services. Effective communications are a critical component of creating a satisfying customer experience. Expectations from consumers reflect their experiences with services provided by virtually every other industry, enabling real time transactions and access to relevant and up-to-date information on demand.
Top Challenges of Effective Customer Communications
Health insurers must continually provide timely and accurate communications to tens of thousands of their customers throughout the year. Challenges, particularly with legacy communications solutions include:
- Maintaining a large library of templates to tailor communications to specific requirements
- Significant IT resources along with costly services engagements to maintain and upgrade communications solutions
- The inability to scale with speed to market for competitive advantage
- Resource intensive requirements to maintain and update complex documents
3 Musts of Effective Customer Communications
As you develop and enhance your communication protocols, or partner with a service provider, there are 3 communication musts:
- Easy complex logic – templates must be easy to use, feature drag and drop functionality, and enable your team to easily incorporate videos, charts, multiple attachments, and more
- Flexible & streamlined communication management – templates must be able to support multiple brands, languages, and communication channels
- Security & compliance – all communication must be PCI, HIPAA, SSAE 16, ISAE 3402, and ISO compliant
HealthRules Payer® & Smart CommunicationsTM – Enhancing Customer Communications
HealthEdge’s next generation core administrative processing system, HealthRules Payer, has partnered with Smart Communications to empower HealthRules Payer customers to improve the member experience with more customized communications across more channels. Smart Communications is the leading cloud-based platform for enterprise customer communications. As the only cloud solution ranked as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Customer Communications Management, more than 350 global brands — many in the world’s most highly regulated industries — rely on Smart Communications to make multi-channel customer communications more meaningful, while also helping them simplify their processes and operate more efficiently.
Learn more here about how HealthRules Payer and Smart Communications are paving the way to more impactful communication.